Saturday, October 18, 2014

More Hand Stitched Scenery

My next show is coming up soon so I am finishing up my three small hand embroidered pieces.   These were inspired by photos I took of the moose chewed trees in Cape Breton - on the Acadien Trail, the Jack Pine and Skyline.   I have added water to the first piece - artistic licence:)  I painted the background first then stitched over it.  For the background hills I used one strand of floss - thicker threads in the foreground.  I have a few more finishing touches for these two and then I will matt and frame them.


I thought that this one needed a pond so I added it

the colours are more intense in the actual piece

   I have just started stitching this third piece.


mostly painted - I have started stitching the background and grasses

I am also working on designing some fabric ornaments for my upcoming shows.  I have a few in progress and one finished so far.  It took some time and lots of false starts before I found two designs  I liked.  I have a couple of painted birds as well which I hope to use for 3D ornaments.  I will add text to each of them.  They are fused and hand stitched and are time consuming so I will probably just make a few to try them out.  The chickadee below is completed with stiff interfacing and fabric back.


I have a few more things to work on but have lots of jewelry and art work prepared for the two shows.   I have finished my piece for the library exhibition and will drop it off on Monday - yeah!.

Also on Monday I am attending a marbling workshop.  I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. I think the pond adds depth and interest. They do say Cape Breton. I'm curious about the size. Im quite amazed that you do them by hand. It gives it lovely texture. They're beautiful. I sometimes use a similar process, painting underneath but I machine stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.